Sunday 18 June 2017

The Chronicles of my Brownie Experiments #2


"The Bold Blonde"
-Where the boldness of 
caramel is determined



My adventures with Brownies unfolds with a close variation of brownie called the 'Blondie or Blonde Brownie'. I am so addicted towards baking and especially towards Brownies that I can't think a moment where I am imagining different variations with Brownies. I am a "Brownidict"....(Bravo! I invented a new word).

Guys who haven't learnt about my Brownie experiment series can click here. This is part 2 of the series. For part 1 click here.

This time, the hero of my film isn't a Brownie or a chocolate cake, its a Blondie. A Blondie is brother from another mother of the Brownie but substitutes the cocoa goodness with vanilla and brown sugar.

I want to call this tiny beast of huge miracles, "Nutty Blonde Brownie with a glaze of sweet-salty caramel sauce and an almond for the garnish".

Simply named by me as "The Bold Blonde".

Its a quite simple dish which comprises of two components. The bar and the caramel. The bar is just made with combining eggs, vanilla, sugar, brown sugar, chopped nuts, salt, flour and butter. The tricky part is the 'salsa de caramelo'. I personally feel that making caramel with sugar on gas needs some experience. As soon as sugar turns pale brown, add the butter. Let the butter dissolve completely and then add the cream. Mix the cream until combined and this makes the 'salsa de caramelo' (caramel sauce).

For more such frank anecdotes, be sure to follow me on the web. Comment down below to interact with me.