Friday 2 June 2017

Baked Samosas for evening snacks...

I have always enjoyed eating roadside street food as its a trend in India. Street foods in India are quiet unhygienic and unhealthy due to lack of cleanliness, low use of quality ingredients and pollution. Samosas are one of the most popular street foods and my most favorite ones still I try to avoid them as they are deep fried and very high on calories. Today I tried duplicating the one of the many "Wonders of Indian Cuisine" in my kitchen. To cut down the calories, instead of deep frying them in oil I just brushed them with little oil and baked them until golden brown and super crunchy.

They contain a potato-onion filling. The filling is made by sauteing finely chopped onion with cumin seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida, ground pepper, coriander powder, salt and turmeric in some oil. Then adding the boiled potatoes and sauteing for about 2 minutes results into a simple yet flavorful filling.These samosas are a wonderful delight and can be enjoyed with any kind of green chutney or just tomato ketchup.

For more such kitchen chronicles keep following me on the web. Comment down to interact with me